Platelet-rich Fibrin (PRF) & Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP)Georgetown, TX
At HQ Dental Design, we believe in providing our patients with access to the best dental technology available. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) have been clinically proven to help patients heal faster with fewer complications after dental surgery and other procedures.
Did You Know: PRP & PRF are trusted by NFL players and other pro athletes to aid their recovery after injuries. PRP and PRF can help you:
- Heal faster and get back to work quickly after a dental procedure
- Reduce your need for strong pain-medication and anti-inflammatories following dental surgery
- Greatly lower the risk of infection after oral surgery
Best of all, PRP and PRF are 100% natural.
There are several ways in which PRF can be used in clinical dentistry:
- Bone Grafting For Implants – This includes closure of a cleft lip and cleft palate deformities, sinus lifts, ridge augmentation, and both inlay and onlay grafts.
- Bone Repair – PRF can be used in facial trauma reconstruction, repairing of defects due to tooth removal, or the removal of growths and cysts.
- Fistula Repair – This includes the repair of fistulas between the mouth and the sinus cavity.
Reasons for Platelet-rich Fibrin Treatment
Platelet-rich fibrin application is now widely used to expedite the post-procedure healing process and is completely safe. Since the blood used will come from the patient’s own body, disease transmission is not a factor. Almost all patients report a much greater degree of comfort immediately after their procedure. There are also several more distinct advantages of PRF:
- Lower Infection Risk – PRF is smeared thickly on the wound after the procedure by the dentist and actually seals the wound away from infectious agents, lowering the risk of problems.
- Accelerated Healing – The saturation of the wound with PRF helps increase tissue synthesis due to its growth factors, and this in turn results in faster tissue regeneration. Speedier healing decreases the risk of later infections, complications, and discomfort.
- Safety and Convenience – Disease transmission is non-issue since the blood is harvested from the patient’s own blood supply. The amount of blood needed is small and can be collected during a routine outpatient procedure.
What Does Platelet-rich Fibrin Treatment Involve?
The dentist will initially assess if your candidate for PRF treatment. Patients with blood clotting disorders will be unable to take advantage of this treatment. A small (about 2 oz) sample of your blood will be collected during a scheduled outpatient treatment. The blood will be placed into a centrifuge to separate the fibrin from the red blood cells. A second centrifuge will be used to concentrate the platelets which contain the growth factor.
Immediately after suturing the wound, the dentist will apply the PRF to the surgical area in a high concentration. This will expedite your healing and decrease the amount of discomfort following the surgery. The dentist will provide aftercare instructions pertaining to the surgery and a prescription for pain medication as required.
Check out what others are saying about our Platelet-rich Fibrin (PRF) & Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) services on Yelp: Platelet-rich Fibrin (PRF) & Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) Georgetown
Root canal treatment is typically recommended as a last resort to save a severely damaged, infected, or decayed tooth. It is often a necessity when a tooth has a damaged pulp. The pulp refers to the soft tissues inside a tooth, which are stored in the pulp chamber, the innermost layer of a tooth.When a…
Looking for root canal information? Understanding the root canal process is necessary for those who are in need of root canal therapy to improve their oral health. Part of the process is choosing a restoration option to protect the treated tooth from further damage, as lost teeth need to be replaced. Ready to find out…
Kid friendly dentist offer a range of services to improve oral health for children. This includes preventive and restorative care. Many also offer select cosmetic treatments and orthodontic services such as braces and clear aligners. Of course, every kid-friendly dentist has a unique set of services that they offer. Kid-friendly dentists offer services for children, whereas…
Invisalign® is a great teeth-straightening option for individuals looking to address crooked, crowded, and protruding teeth. Invisalign® has been around for almost 20 years, however, they are still considered to be new since metal braces are the most traditional method used for teeth straightening. Because they are not as familiar as braces, some individuals are…
Learning about some of the more commonly used oral surgery procedures allows dental patients to understand more about any procedures that can improve their dental health. Updated dental technologies allow dental surgery to be quick and safe, giving patients peace of mind. Know that a general dentist can typically perform certain types of surgical procedures.With…